The Arthurian Mythos has been a favorite story cycle for Western Civ for a 1000 years. H.P. Lovecraft help to develop the genre of eldritch horror in the early 20th century. The two genres and mythos make an interesting contrast in themes.
- Stars Arising: Archivist Tale chapter 1My name is Johannes Sinclair. My title is the Archivist. I have been appointed by the World Council to record as much information as the Eldest People will tell us. There is some hope the information will help us in the War. I guess the place to start this tale is how I got brought … Continue reading
- One creative studio’s interesting video article summary of the works of H.P. LovecraftThis playful video by the Youtube channel , Overly Sarcastic Productions, tries to cover a biography of H. P. Lovecraft and a look at his more significant works. Despite all of H.P. Lovecraft’s psychological problems and questionable personal morals, his creative works had a huge influence on many other creators. H.P. Lovecraft’s works, which are … Continue reading
- A Review of King Arthur: a military history by Michael HolmesIn the book King Arthur:a military history by Michael Holmes (1996), the author attempts to lay out the potential role a hypothetical Arthur could have played in military events around the Romanized Britons attempted defense of Britain against the Anglo-Saxon invaders. The book is divided into chapters focusing upon a number of topics. The author … Continue reading
- A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's CourtA Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court was published in 1889. At the time Twain wrote the novel, half of Europe was still dominated by monarchies and empires, who often greatly restricted teh freedoms of their subjects. This novel has several aspects. Twain made a roaring good adventure tale, yet it the book is also … Continue reading
- Arthurian vs Lovecraftian ThemesLike many avid readers I have my favorite concepts and themes, but since I was 14 there were two theme sets that really had an odd appeal to me. Those two would be the Arthurian cycle of stories and the works of HP Lovecraft. I believe it came from an odd weekend, where in one … Continue reading